Sunday, June 20, 2004

The Microsoft Hyderabad User Group Meet

I had been to the Microsoft Hyderabad User Group Meet yesterday. Frankly, it was horrible. There were 3 guest speakers but none of them was good... in fact a couple of them were really bad. The topics weren't good either. First was "Fun With Powerpoint" which was short and okay types... but no technical content. Then was the real presentation I was there for... ".NET Cryptography". But to my disappointment the speaker himself messed up whatever he was trying to show. The last and definitely not the least was a presentation on the "Blogging Phenomena". Now, this one was the most pathetic. No technical content ...in fact, no content at all. The speaker had prepared some 20 mins of presentation while this is something that hardly takes 2 minutes. The only new thing I gathered from there was the funda of RSS feeds, which was nice but not enough to make me feel informed. Anyway, I did get to meet some good people out there. Then after the meet, some of my Hyderabadi friends and I went for dinner to compensate for the waste of useful time by wasting some more time and money.

--
EclipsE >:-]

No comments: