Friday, June 18, 2004

The Hunt for the Good Apartment

...yet another day full of conflict between linguistics and computer science. There's this algorithm that I was supposed to study and work on...now my ways are simple, read the algo once and get a hang of it. When the coding time is there, keep it handy and code the damn thing. But this time things were really strange...rather wierd. They want me to learn the algorithm...to be able to write it down without the book... now why should I do that. As a programmer just knowing the thing a little and using it while the implementation looks perfectly sane. The issues regarding the input to the program etc. are the linguist's issues... definitely not mine and I damn care about them. If you give wrong values, you can't expect me to write the code in such a way that it still gives you right answers.
Anyway, let's get over with the bad stuff. Today it poured like hell out here...the weather I really hate. It was really good until it rained. I went to look for an apartment at a nearby place but no luck...seems I got a little late and all apartments in the locality are taken >:-[. So, the hunt is not as simple as I expected it to be. Frankly, that's nothing new for me... coz life has never been easy. Now, the unpredictability of life has become so predictable. Spent the entire evening chatting and making a couple of new friends and also watching con-air. Okay types movie..typical hollywood action stuff (The stuff I like!!!). Dimaag lagane ki zaroorat nahin, just enjoy it. It's almost 2 in the night. Started to watch "Paycheck" at around 1 but the codec was screwing up badly. So, i'm downloading the latest version of the "Ace Mega Codecs Pack". Hopefully that should take care of the problems. During those painful 41 Mega Bytes to be downloaded, I am writing this. Hey...the download is over. So, that's all for the moment.

--
EclipsE >:-]

No comments: