Monday, June 14, 2004

Bangalore... at last!!!

Bangalore!!! it finally happened. I've been in Bangalore since the past 3 days and that's the reason why I couldn't update my blog. Anyway, I'm back now and have a lot to say about my trip which was my first visit to that place. I had been there for the Microsoft Student Advocates Meet 2004, say it was the reward for my efforts as a student evangelist. I've been involved with the Microsoft India Student Program since feb. this year and currently hold the post of the Assistant Manager of the Hyderabad chapter (http://groups.msn.com/DNUGHydStudent & http://www.dnughs.net) of the same. more than 100 Student Champs from all over India had come to attend this meet. It was an all expense paid trip to Bangalore filled with the lot of fun as well as technical content. I boarded an AC Volvo bus to bangalore with the entire Hyderabad group at 12:30, 10th night. We reached Golden Palms Resorts & Spa (the venue) at 12 afternoon, on 11th. What an amazing place it was!!! I just couldn't believe that Microsoft did so much for us. We were staying in royal suits. Steam bath and Gym at the Spa and Swimming Pool was complemetary. Food... oh yeah, I'm an absolute food-freak so can't ignore the good food out there. I got to know that the resort belongs to Sanjay Khan and was also the venue to the marriage of Hrithik Roshan. We had great fun playing pranks on people throughout the night and playing volleyball in the pool throughout the day. ...but we did attend some really productive sessions on Microsoft's future goals and technologies, hiring policies, related organisations and opportunities. 12th was a blast ...in the evening we had a Talent Show where I happened to play the role of "All American" RamLal in a spoof on sholey (For the ones who don't know, RamLal is thakur's servant). I loved doing that role and then also happened to perform a dance ...once again the song was "koi kahe, kehta rahe...". After the Talent thing there was an awesome DJ party. Once again I happened to learn the lesson that dancing after a gap of more than 4 months really scr*ws you up. Every single bone and muscle in my body is screaming with pain. I didn't visit the city at all as it was pretty far from the resort and also because I had no time. So, I have another reason to go to Bangalore. Overall, the trip was full of things that I did for the first time. These were - stay in a 7 start resort, learning swimming, tasting pork (Had bacon, really good!!!), steam bath and of course, visiting Bangalore >;-].
Anyway, all good things come to an end and so did this. I started my journey from "heaven" to "earth" at 5 in the evening on 13th and was here early morning today. Spent the entire day sleeping and i'm still relaxing trying to get out of the massive hangover.

--
EclipsE >:-]

No comments: