Thursday, September 01, 2005

Where do I begin???

Hmm, so where do I begin?? ...it's been a day over 8 months since my last post here and i have, finally, decided to end the hibernation and turn the wheel here. Last 8 months have been a period of change ...and it's been a good time i must say. I've had a blast all this time... a real good working life i must say - 5 days of good work and another 2 days to settle the score when it comes to having fun. The balance has pretty much been there. Looking back at this period of time, there are a few things that i am reminded of -

1. Ryzerabad
I have seen hyderabad turn into Ryzerabad, thanks to this awesome online (and now offline too) community called ryze (www.ryze.com). The basic idea is simple, just get registered on the site, join the hyderabad network (http://hyd-network.ryze.com) and land up at any of the meetings, which happen pretty often. Ryze has the credit for making weekends happening for a lot of people ...people like me who have come to this city from other places and have practically no local group. We've watched loads of movies together, been to pubs, readmeets, ghazal sessions and a lot of other things. My page on ryze can be seen at http://www.ryze.com/go/DarkDevil

2. Rajmachi
This was one trek I can never, ever, forget. The dates were 1st to 4th July ...which means rains in the region were at their worst (or best, however you may put it). Rajmachi is a fort in the hills of the western-ghats, between Karjat and Lonavala. The plan was to get down at Karjat and trek from there to Lonavala over the next 2 days. It's been sometime, so, i don't have the enthu of writing a complete travel log. Still, all I would say is that it was the worst time to go there as the treks were pretty slippery and dangerous ...but at the same time it was the best time to go there as that place would never have been more beautiful. There was greenary everywhere, and of course, water water everywhere. The worst imagined rainfalls were happening every 15 minutes and the Ullhas River in the valley was flooded. Against all odds we made the trip successfully getting to see Kondana Caves and Rajmachi Fort, which was a tough trek through really steep hills and valleys ...and the beautiful and untouched region between Rajmachi and Lonavala, which was almost a 17 Km trek. Overall, this was one awesome experience and I would recommend everyone to try this once ...in the worst & best time!!!

3. My Monster
It had been almost a year since my gaming insticts had been on the backfoot. The major cause was my machine that wouldn't support any of the new games around. Anyway, my bro happened to take that thing to his college ...good enough for his "Educational Purposes" >:). So, I bought my new Monster couple of weeks back. This time it's an Athelon 64 bit 1.8 geegz processor with 1 geegz RAM. Got an MSI, NForce M/B with SLI. The real pleasure is the graphics card, which happens to be an XFX GeForce 6600 GT - supports dual monitors and TV. As of now, this thing runs any damn game around. I just finished with HalfLife-2 and Doom-3 and Farcry are on the list. There are also some movies that i got from IIIT, that are awaiting my attention. Overall, my monster that happens to be called "Nocturno", is doing pretty well.

Well then, this post is just a warmup excercise coz i haven't been writing all this while, but from now on, I shall try to be a bit more regular with this. So, all you readers, have awesome fun!!!

--
EclipsE

2 comments:

^..^,,,~ said...

Hey Manas,
Good to have you blogging again!

Keep writing!!

>:D<

Manas Saran said...

Thanks dear, though, i am trying hard to gather time for this.
EclipsE >:-]