Monday, December 05, 2005

It's that day, again!

5th December, today... it's that day again, the black day!!. The day that takes me 8 years back in time. I'm usually so busy with life that those memories don't come to me but on this day, it's like a someone just turned on a movie reel. I can see and feel every single moment of what happened on that day and the days that followed right to this day. It's like a flash... rewind and fast-forward.
It was this day that made me what I am. The day when I figured out that death was more real than life itself and conquered all my fears, the day when "we, the family" lost someone so dear to us that we feel incomplete till now, the day when "I, the school going boy" suddenly found out that life is not about fooling around with friends.... the day I grew up many years in the blink of an eye. It is this day that I summonned all my inner strength and not a single drop of tear rolled down my cheek. People who claim to know me talk about my focus, determination, passion and agression ....this day is most certainly the source of them all.
Anyway, this day will come and go as it has been till now. I never ask the question "why me??" and I've also stricken off the word "Consolation", from my dictionary and for the same reason I've disabled comments on this post. I accept things the way they are, however bad they may be, and believe in taking the bull by its horns. This day just reminds me of the fact that a single moment is enough for someone to become someone else.
He still lives in me through the things I learnt from him. I inherit my strongest virtues from him. Also his songs are with me always and whenever i'm singing one of those, I can feel his presence... I sing them with pride and someday I will pass them on to someone else.
Inspite of everything said and done, I miss you dad!!

No comments: