Thursday, November 03, 2005

My Preciousssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diwali time, yet again. Nothing special for me as such. I'm not too fond of diwali as such. I'm not at all into any kind of worship and not into fireworks either. So, it's typically just another day, the good part being the shopping and the good food.
Couple of days before Diwali, is the festival of Dhan-Teras. As per tradition we buy silver on this day. Now people typically buy ornaments or utensils of silver, but me being me, decided to do something different. So, what did i do??... well i bought silver too. But in the form of fine lining and wiring. What good is that.... umm, lemme elaborate.
I bought silver lining and wiring which is fixed on a circuit-board. This circuit board is mounted in a metallic frame with other circuitary, and some motors and optical instruments. All of this is inside a silver colored cabinet which is connected to 4 speakers (2 front + 2 surround 120 w RMS x 4), a centre speaker (another 120 w RMS power) and a sub-woofer (rocking 200 w RMS) ....and that totals to 800 watts of unaltered, pure digital sound. All of it put together, I bought a SONY DVD Home Theatre System .... yessssss, yesssssssssss, yesssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!! my precioussssss! my precioussssssssssss!!
woah ....finally!!!, I had been dreaming about this day since times i can't remember. Now i own .....in fact, posess a wega theatre that includes a 29" Sony Wega and a Sony DVD Home Theatre System. This beast plays everything from Audio CD to DVD, mp3 to jpeg to DivX. That means, my collection of DivX movies can now be watched with full effects. As expected, I spent the entire diwali weekend watching movies.
Looking at it from another viewpoint, i see 30K going down the drain for something that's more of a luxury while there would be other things on higher priority. But then, i didn't buy a luxury, I bought my passion...I hunted down a big dream. Compared to my satisfaction, the money i spent was peanuts. I have paid through the nose for this thing, but my policy stands intact - "no risk, no gain... and no pain, no gain".
Crazy, is what they call me because while they wait, trapped in the present, hoping that the future will turn their dreams into reality, I shoot and hunt down my dreams right away!!!

3 comments:

Lord of all Things said...

yay!!! im comming 2 watch ur home theatre....!!! congo...!!!...yay!!!*hops her way home*

Manas Saran said...

Thank you lady, you're most welcome anyday.

Ray Lightning said...

whoa !! Can I play some rock music on that ? ;) ?